SXSW - Meet the Panelists: Rick Webb
We are just three days away from our SXSW Interactive Festival panel On the Internet Everyone Knows You're a Dog. In this latest installment of our Meet the Panelists series, we'd like to introduce Rick Webb - native Alaskan and Internet visionary. Rick will join Heather, Michael and Jessica on stage this Sunday evening to discuss technology and its impact on online identity.
More about Rick below:
- Rick now lives in New York but grew up in Fairbanks, Alaska.
- He is the co-Founder and former COO of The Barbarian Group, an award-winning digital ad agency.
- Rick left that role in 2011 to pursue angel investing and writing on technology and advertising. He's invested in Foursquare, Fashism, Mashape, Percolate and SimpleGeo to name a few.
- Rick also writes a tech column for the NY Observer and Betabeat and blogs on technology, advertising, economics, politics and the government.
- He used to be in a rock band (a real one) and now own a record label - The Archenemy Record Company.
- Check out his blog.
- Follow him on Twitter @rickwebb
Sunday, March 11th
5pm - 6pm
Sheraton Austin - Capitol ABCD